Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012
Too Lazy To Learn Something New?
I’ve heard it for years (and years).
- We’re not completely paperless, some partners have to review a paper copy.
- We only allow “some” people to connect to the office remotely.
- Our partners don’t have a laptop, they prefer a desk top.
- Social media sites are blocked in our office, it’s a time-waster.
- I have an iPad but I can’t use it for “real” work.
Sheridan addresses the issue of using an iPad for business. I hear it too, Bill, accounting firm partners have one but to them it is a toy. For many it simply allows them to read their email in a larger format because the iPhone screen is too small!
The advice in Sheridan’s post? Stop trying to work like you have always worked and learn how to work the way the iPad works. The Apple Store will teach you.
If you are a partner in a CPA firm and you are 55 years old – you will probably be working for 15 more years! You cannot stay frozen in the past. You must embrace change – every day.
Here’s Sheridan working hard at PSTech+ this year.
- "Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned."