Wednesday, April 13th, 2016
Getting Ready To Get Ready
“It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
At most CPA firms (yes, I said most), they are deep in the mode of “getting ready to get ready.”
- Wait! Let’s see what other firms are doing.
- Has any other firm tried this before?
- Can we find someone at another firm that has tried this to talk to?
- Let’s put that on the agenda for our next partner meeting (or next partner retreat).
I have always operated on the premise that we should “try it, we might like it.” Because change is happening so rapidly in the CPA profession, if you procrastinate too long you will be left behind.
Take action on new ideas. Reflect along the way and stay focused on the goal. Leap instead of crawl.
Maybe you will not be completely successful at first but you will get better and better. Don’t throw in the towel just because there are some bumps along the learning curve.
- "A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying."