Thursday, March 30th, 2017
It Is A Stressful Time – Stay Positive
“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
When I Work recently did a post that just might help you make it through until April 18th. – 18 Simple Way to Keep a Positive Attitude.
Of course, I want to put the public accounting spin on some of them for you. You can be cheerful and still not have a positive attitude. It goes much deeper than simply being cheerful. A negative attitude can even promote fear throughout the firm.
A few suggestions:
- Stay away from negative people. There is always a few of those whiners inside of every firm.
- Fill you mind with positive thoughts. Listen to upbeat music, listen to motivational podcasts, or read books that make you laugh.
- Use positive self talk – don’t beat up on yourself if you make a mistake. Don’t think – “I am an idiot.” Think – “I can really achieve a lot of improvement in that area.”
- Stop complaining, verbally to others and even in your own thoughts.
- Find reasons to laugh. There is always something going on inside a firm during tax season that can cause a good laugh.
During this last week of March – look for ways to remain positive and even to have some fun.
- "In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision."